It was a special summer since our toddler was finally old enough to really enjoy and experience the season. As parents we have been living through him and I love it because it makes me feel like a kid again.
I am also a lover of checklists. Call me Checklist Charlie. I thought making a chalkboard bucket list would make things more fun which it did... But I forgot how I never actually complete my lists ever. So next summer I need to jump in knowing the goal will defeat me and be totally okay with that possibility.
So here you have it. My dream summer bucket list that will get approximately 50% crossed off every year from a realistic perspective.
I know there are some super moms looking at this list thinking,
"Psh. I could complete all this junk in 2.5 seconds." That's so wonderful. I can eat an entire bag of Salt and Vinegar potato chips in 2.5 seconds. I love you for your strengths. And I love me for mine.
1. Have a classic picnic: The ones on the ground - with the food - with the ants - and the stereotypical checkered red blanket
2. Splash at the splash park
3. Fly a kite
4. Float the river
5. Lay in the grass stargazing
6. Berry picking: After picking these blackberries I had a childhood movie come to mind about a bear cub that eats some wild mushrooms and starts getting crazy dizzy and sick. I ate them nervously. But I never died so I suppose they weren't poisonous.
7. Feed the ducks at the park
8. Build sand castles on the beach
9. Visit the Zoo
10. Visit the temple grounds
11. Visit Enchanted Forest: Everyone needs to go here. It will be the most magical/creepy experience of your life. Similar to the feelings you get watching
The Labyrinth or anything claymation.
12. Take a tandem bike ride
13. Run through the sprinklers
14. Visit the library
15. Have a bowling night
16. Movies at the park : So, um, I messed up on this one... We were all packed and prepared with blankets and snacks for the city movie night and I got the time totally wrong when the movie started. So we came home and cuddled as a family on the bed and watched Netflix instead.
17. Walk a pup at the Humane Society
18. Take a camping trip
19. Visit the fish hatchery
20. Take a boat ride
Oh gosh, I love this family. I love soaking in every happy second I can from these sweet best friends.
"In family relationships LOVE is really spelled T-I-M-E."
-President Dieter F. Uchtdorf